A long awaited dream of SVDs working in Maharashtra was fulfilled, when in 2006 the SVD confreres arrived Mangaon in Raigad district of Maharashtra. At the request of the zonal Bishop Agnelo of the Archdiocese of Mumbai, SVDs have opened a mission house and ventured into social work. The pioneer missionaries Frs. Thomas Sequeira and Sursingh Bandoor lived in a rented house for about three years and now they have a house of their own to reach out to Kathkari tribals in Mangaon Taluka. There are about 120 tribal hamlets out of which the SVDs are working in 83 hamlets under the registered banner called Sarva Vikas Deep.
- To empower women
- To cultivate interest in primary education among children and reduce dropout rate.
- To empower youth
- To empower local self governance/panchyati raj
- To network with likeminded NGOs and Government Organizations.
- To generate awareness on Child Marriage.
- To generate awareness on health and on traditional medicines.
Staff at Sarva Vikas Deep, Mangaon
Richard Quadros (Priest In-charge)
Sushil Kumar Xess
Frt. Deepsan Dung Dung (EIP)
Sarva Vikas Deep
House No. 798
Maharashtra – 402104
Tel: (02140) 262459
Email: [email protected]